Are you a Happiness Concierge trainer in the making?
Do you love TEACHING (OR THE IDEA OF IT)?
Do you want to help others kick ass in work and in life?
DO YOU WANT A FUTURE AT HAPPINESS CONCIERGE?
We're looking for individuals who can confidently walk into any workplace and deliver Happiness Concierge workshops and training programmes.
We need people with a strong sense of self, a positive and resilient temperament who want to help others kick ass at work. Specifically, we're looking for people who love the HC brand and who want to educate and empowering others by giving people the tools to slay at work.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Conviction: that you want to be a trainer, love teaching (or the idea of it).
- Hunger: are driven to help others over and above anything else.
- Evidence: of action you can do things that scare you (as this is what our audiences need to see).
- Charisma: people warm to you, feel good about themselves around you
- Ideas: I'm looking for people with ideas on how to improve and continually learn here at HC.
- Chameleons: people who are comfortable communicating in different ways for different audiences, or are open to learning how to do this.
- Successful applications include all of the above and demonstrate why you would like a career at Happiness Concierge and how you can contribute to the future of this fast growing company!
Please note that Happiness Concierge workshops focus on helping workplaces kick ass at work, as opposed to lifestyle / mindfulness training, therefore it is critical you are passionate and curious about helping people slay at work (as opposed to alternative therapies, health and wellness, although it is very linked, it's a different flavour of personality for both sectors).
It is highly recommend to attend a Happiness Concierge workshop or talk to get a sense of whether this is the right fit for you and to increase your chances of connecting in your application as you have experienced the content you may one day be teaching.
All shortlisted applicants complete a three day bootcamp in Happiness Concierge training. In this three day intensive I share with you errythang I have developed in my workshops over the years, teaching fundamentals, how to communicate to accomodate different personality types and how to extract people's brilliance so they can take that confidence home with them.
In this bootcamp, you'll learn how to:
- Create a psychologically safe and welcoming environment
- 'Defrost' audiences and take them from cynicism to curious
- Deliver content in a way that people can go from their panic zone to curious zone to learning zone to implementing zone
- Own the stage
- Work with different personality types and win people over by being yourself
- Answer tricky questions in front of a crowd who want a compelling, helpful and honest answer from you
- Manage your personal boundaries in a group setting
- Work with individuals who play up / disrupt the class
- Work with introverts and extroverts and adjust your communication style accordingly
- Condense content and learnings into entertaining, fun sound bytes people can take home with them and consider implementing
- Take feedback, improve, and not take it personally
On day three, you'll present to a live audience to test your newly developed skills.
From this group, a small amount of trainers may be chosen at the completion of the programme to join the Happiness Concierge stable of trainers on going.
APPLY NOW to express your interest!
All applications are held in confidence. I will never share your details without your written permission. Please note it may take some time to receive a response as I receive an overwhelming amount of responses. 2017's bootcamp have been shortlisted; those received will be considered for 2018's intake. Thanks and good luck!
NOT SURE IF THIS IS RIGHT FOR YOU? REQUEST A CHAT WITH THE 2017 ALUMNI TO ASK THEM HOW THEIR EXPERIENCE WAS!
Help me shortlist your application by delivering the same passion you would in a class if you were a HC trainer.
Therefore ask yourself if you are hoping I will pick you. You'd be surprised how many submissions include language that indicates you hope you won't be successful. Help us hear your conviction as that's what our audiences pay us for: confidence, conviction and compelling content.
The applications who are shortlisted include this level of detail in their application and a compelling argument for how their skills would grow the company:
- Why being a trainer specifically excites you (teaching audiences, being on a stage, helping students in workplaces and in Universities as that's HC's audience).
- How your skills would grow Happiness Concierge as a company.
- How your own flavour would wow audiences.
- Why the idea of teaching lights you up (and if it doesn't perhaps consider whether being a trainer is the right fit for you).
The following examples are from real applications and were not considered as included:
- I don't like my current job
- I'm bored
- I want to do the training for free to help me grow my own business / take back into work
- Do I need to have trained or coached people before? No. I'm looking for rockstars who have the 'Concierge' flavour so character and temperament is considered first and skills considered second.
- Can I do this around my other job? Yes as trainers are booked on a per job basis. However it's critical that you genuinely love Happiness Concierge and want to see it grow as every trainer is a HC ambassador!
- What kind of people are you looking for? Anyone, any age, any sector, any experience, who love people, who are open to learning (the learning never stops in this job). Extra points if you speak Mandarin or languages other than English.
- Will it be weird if I apply and aren't accepted and them come to a class? I hope not! All applicants receive confirmation whether they are shortlisted and feedback on why not so they can reapply if they choose to.
- How often / where is the training? 2017's bootcamp is fully booked and this is held in Melbourne. 2018's bootcamps may be held in Australia or USA.
- I'm not confident enough. Should I apply anyway? Yes! You're reading this because your curious - imagine what could happen if you followed your instinct... please bear in mind I'm looking for a compelling argument that YOU can help HC grow and your unique flavour is critical!
- If successfully chosen, is the training a part time or full time job? Part time, booked per job, depending on the brief from our amazing clients. Sometimes however there is massive scope to grow with the company if we decide I can't work without you!!
- What kind of clients would I be working with if selected? All types! Everyone from professional services (Financial services firms, banks, legal services), fitness institutions (gyms, fitness clubs, head offices), students (University and tertiary students) across Australia, New Zealand, Asia Pacific and North America.