The idea of promoting yourself feels uncomfortable for many people. The reality is though, if you wait for others to ‘discover’ what you’re good at; you’ll be waiting forever.
Whether it’s career progression, board positions, speaking opportunities, landing that book deal, or simply getting paid to do what you love, people need to know who you are and what you do.
This workshop will share tactical tips people can get the word out about what they do - in a way that feels authentic and is easy.
- Your USP: what do you do, that is different to anyone else in your field?
- Your catchphrase: how to 'bucket' your intelligence into palatable info for people to remember
- Choose your outlet: you don’t need to use every marketing channel, you could choose from social media, EDM’s, website, LinkedIn, media, reviews
- Media 101: basic overview of what media to target and how to reach out
- LinkedIn 101: an overview of how to use it
While this is primarily focussed for business owners, senior leaders or freelancers who would like to generate interest or press around their product or service, the workshop will also touch on tactics to articulate and communicate your value at work if you work for a larger organisation, how to get noticed for promotions and authentically network so you are in a position to leverage contacts should a new job opportunity present itself in future.